A foreigner who wishes to study full-time in educational establishments public or private, of basic, intermediate, superior and specialized levels, recognized by the Ministry of Education.

This Permit will be for annual periods up to a total of six (6) years.

  • Power of Attorney and Application (notarized).

  • Three (3) photographs.

  • Duly collated copy of the passport (Notary Public).

  • Criminal Record Certificate (if you are of legal age).

  • Health Certificate.

  • Certified Cheque for B/250.00 (USD) payable to the National Treasury.

  • Form of Affidavit of Personal Background.

  • Letter of Admission from the Educational Center/Institution.

  • Receipt of tuition payment (original and copy).

  • Certificate of the study center, which contains the general details of the applicant, the duration of the degree, the attendance times and the subject or subjects that is enrolled according to the study plan.

  • If the classes are taught exclusively in the evenings, you must provide the certification of the teaching center that accredits that this course is only at night times.

  • Proof of economic solvency that will be verified by any of the following documents:

  • ** Document that proves the student is the holder of a scholarship

  • ** Proof of financing

  • ** Bank letter in favor of the applicant or the person responsible for the student, showing solvency in accordance with the expenses to cover studies and subsistence.

  • Letter of Responsibility (in the case of a third party responsible).

Observation: If the student is a minor, the request must be submitted by the parents or the person responsible for the care and upbringing, for which they will contribute in addition to the requirements established in this article the person's birth certificate and copy of personal identity card or valid migration card of the responsible person in the Republic of Panama.


In the event of an Extension, the above requirements will be presented with the exception of the Criminal Record Certificate and check. Additionally, you must provide official credits from the previous year